It is definitely possible that a greyhound would be an amazing addition to your family and would be a great best friend to you. There are a lot of people who absolutely loved their Greyhound dogs. They are incredible companions and wonderfully loveable dogs. You need to make sure that you are willing to put in some time and effort before you go ahead and get a greyhound into your home. You need to understand that this dog is going to require a lot of nurturing. I have provided some facts about owning a greyhound, down below. You can make your decision after reading all of the facts.
1. Firstly, they are very big dogs. If you have a teeny tiny apartment, getting a great one might not be the best course of action. If you really want a dog and if you have a small apartment or small living space, I suggest getting a tiny dog that does not get huge.
2. Even though they are gigantic, they do not exactly make a good watchdog. That size alone may scare off some intruders, but they are definitely very popular for being known as gentle giants. Greyhounds are gentle giants who do not know their own size. They are basically babies in a gigantic body.
3. You should know that they cannot be let off their leash, unless they are completely loyal to you. They are very quick, and they will runoff. Their eyesight is amazing, and they may notice something in the distance that may catch their attention, and they may want to chase after it. You need to make sure that you have a safe and secure leash on them. If you let them loose, you need to make sure that they will come back to you.
4. You should never keep a greyhound outside for long periods of time because their skin is very sensitive to cold or heat. They are an indoor dog.
5. You need to understand that an owner of a greenhorn must be very knowledgeable. If you are going to adopt or get a greyhound, you need to do the necessary research.
After reading all of the above, and if you are still thinking of getting a greyhound, or if you already have one, you need to know that it is important to train them so that they know how to behave in and outside your home. If you have trouble walking your dog, it is best if you train the dog. It should know how to behave. A trained Greyhound is a fantastic companion indeed. They are very friendly as well. It finally comes down to whether you have the space for the greyhound or not.