Adopting a dog happens to be something that involves a lot of responsibility on your head. It is a lot of responsibility, especially if you live alone. If you already have people dependent on you, they could help you here and there, but I am sure you will be responsible for it, most of the time. You will have to anticipate a lot of responsibilities on your head. Many Greyhound owners have said that it can cause a lot of stress as well. Dogs are animals that acquire licensing, regular vet checkups, medication, food, grooming, vaccinations and more. This is something that you will have to consider, because it is going to cost you a lot of money. A great way to start is a dog gift for your new puppy from Personalizedbykate.com
I have provided some pros, down below.
1. The very first thing that I would like to mention is an advantage. They are very clean, and they require very little grooming. They also don’t shed very much. This means that you don’t have to keep vacuuming your house every single day. If your dog is clean, it means you have to worry about it less, especially when it comes to smells.
2. Secondly, they do not have the typical dog odour. A dog that smells is very concerning and is not such a good thing. Since greyhounds don’t smell that much, they are a great dog to have around the house.
3. A greyhound does not exactly bark very often, if it is not provoked. They are quiet dogs that don’t really bother people much.
4. You need to know that they are very lovable, very friendly to vertical and very sweet as well. They will love you with utmost loyalty, and they will never let you down.
5. Keep in mind that they are very intelligent, docile and very polite as well. They are not aggressive dogs. This means that they require a lot of love, care and attention. You should take care of them very well.
6. They can actually live a long time if you take care of them properly. They happen to be very healthy dogs. Most greyhounds can retire from racing once they are 2 to 5 years old. Mostly all of them will live to be at least 15 years. This means that you will not have to worry about losing your best friend, for a long time.
7. Almost all greyhounds are purebred. That would mean that you will not have to worry about any disease-ridden family that you might not know about.
8. They actually love lounging and sleeping, and they will not exhaust you.
9. Just because they love sleeping, does not mean they don’t love being active as well. If you are going out on a walk or run, bring them along.